Simple Sand Shader

Started by dandelO, January 26, 2011, 03:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Here's some sand I was messing around with last night, should anyone want it. These POV's are about 2m, roughly eye-level above the ground.

[attachimg=#]

[attachimg=#]

[attachimg=#]

Go to the internal network to assign your render camera to the sparkle expiration distance shader.
Other than that, it's simply 3 fake stones shaders and a simple power fractal for some cheap ripples.

Hope someone can use it, I've, as usual, got nowhere to put it but it looks half decent enough to share and hopefully give it a good home.

Cheers! :)

dandelO

If you don't want any sparkles, just highlight the whole sparkles group with a left mouse-click and hit key 'D' to disable the entire group, no need to unplug anything.

* I should also say that the main shader will simply fit into your node-tree via input/output, as usual.
Stick it wherever you need to and just treat it like a regular surface layer. The colour/luminosity/displacement/blending/breakup shader ports are all left open for you to use however you'd like. Everything else is inside.

Cheers, again! :)

N810

looks great  :D
I'll have to try it out.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

Henry Blewer

This will come in handy, and it's a great chance to learn! Thanks!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Floating.Point

This is a lovely shader~!
Thankyou!

inkydigit

damn fine work, gonna check this out, cheers!

Zairyn Arsyn

looks good, looking forward to trying this out later. :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

airflamesred

Gannaingh

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

choronr

Thanks Martin, this is one of the best I've seen. I can think of many places where I can use this fine file. Your generosity is really appreciated.

Naoo

Hi

This looks Great.
Thank You fore sharing!

ciao
Naoo

DVA99

rosoule

Keeglez

Redwolf

thanks for this, i was just doing a beach scene, and saw your file here, so going to use it ;D