Exporting Atmospheres

Started by blyndman, March 02, 2011, 09:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blyndman

Hello all, we're considering getting T2 at our workplace and from what we've seen it's pretty nice.
We do have a question about exporting atmospheres from T2 to 3ds max 2011 and rendering the scene
with vray. Any observations, experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Upon Infinity

Well, TG2 uses the node network, so as long as Studio Max can accept the clips files of the nodes, that should work (Never used Studio Max, so I don't know anything about it).  I was under the impression TG2's files were proprietary and not compatable with other programs.  Although if you are esspecailly interested in the atmospheres of TG2 (which are the programs strength), why not simply import the objects into TG2 directly?  Perhaps someone more experienced with all those programs can give a better answer than I.

rcallicotte

You can do stuff with making skyboxes from TG2 to use in other systems, but I'm not aware of another way to use TG2's atmosphere for another system.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

chris_x422

The atmospheric system is not portable between programs.

However, you can render atmospheres out of terragen and comp the results with rendered elements from other 3d apps.

You can also send your geometry to terragen for blocking or matting out.

We've used this technique successfully many times, and it creates great looking results.