Where are the bump texture?

Started by Costaud, February 23, 2011, 11:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Costaud

I make a tree with Blender save it as an obj load it in Poseray resave it as a obj and import it in Terragen, then I create a new new default shader import a jpeg texture for the trunk and branches and a bump image of the same texture in grey tone in displacement but no bump (displacement) appear in the image I cranked up the displacement to 50000 and nothing no bump (displacement), I made the same test with a simple cube again no bump (displacement). My computer is  a "new" one old P4 maybe it's the problem.

Dune

Displacement is impossible with RayTraced objects, but bump should be. Did you check the displacement? It might be unchecked by default if you make a new default shader. If you attach a power fractal between the 'red and the white', you should also be able to get some bump (and color). A value of 0.01-0.1 should be high enough, or it'll 'blow up' the object.

Costaud

Where is the displacement checkbox?

Volker Harun

It seems like there are some kind of objects, that do not like to accept shading and displacement in TG2.
It happens to me all day and night when using sculptris.

I need to load the object into blender and to export it again. this seems to clean up the mesh. Maybe unchecking 'smooth normals' does help, too.

There some good threads about using Blender in this forum for exporting objects ... I am too tired to do a search right now.

But this should do it.

Dune

QuoteWhere is the displacement checkbox?
Sorry, there is none I just noticed, but it should have an image or a function (PF, or so) and the value should be 'something' low.