procedural railroad

Started by Dune, March 05, 2011, 12:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Procedural railroad..........................................................................

airflamesred

Kadri

Cool  :)
Can we have a closer picture , Dune ?

FrankB

nice, good job on the railroad track! Not so keen on the splochy snow patches, but I guess that not the main point of the render anyway so far :-)
Again, great job on the tracks!

Oshyan

Wow, really? That's impressive. Interested in the details...

- Oshyan

Dune

Closer picture without the snow splotches. Credits to Lightning again (nice shrub, although I made the needles a bit too bright), and to the tram manufacturer (I suppose I need another train here, non-electric). There's a crossing road, but you can't see it from down here. I may extend this with a station and some other stuff, perhaps even an old (procedural) platform.

Kadri

Looks very good to me in close up too, Dune :)
How did you do this?

Oshyan if Planetside could use this kind of roads , railroads , buildings etc.  and made them more user friendly , TG3 could be really amazing .
City engine and such quite from the beginning. In fact it is in a nice partially way , already definitely here :)

dandelO

Just great!

The only limitation(nearly ;)) with TG is your imagination, the amazing things that everyone thought impossible at one point, that now keep coming to fruit, just go to prove this.

Volker Harun

I am silently nodding my head ... very good work (<--- read with lots of '!') ,-)

Seth

Quote from: Volker Harun on March 06, 2011, 10:47:05 AM
I am silently nodding my head ... very good work (<--- read with lots of '!') ,-)

+1
don't know what to say ! ^^

choronr

When it comes to original creativity, this guy Ulco seems to always come up with it ...great work!

Dune

;D

Here you see the other road.

choronr

Between you and dandelO, I think we're going to see a lot more human artifacts in our landscapes ...great stuff.

FrankB

That's it. Great render!

There is some simple, angled geometry left where the big cut is, which lends a certain degree of CG-ness, maybe if that bit could be more detailed, that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Frank

Gannaingh

Stunning work! The vegetation is very photo-realistic!