procedural railroad

Started by Dune, March 05, 2011, 12:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Another go at my railroad. I need some thin and quite straight adolescent birches to make a denser stand of them, because I don't really like these fat XFrog birches (here). The light is a bit flat, and the smoke needs to be a little more billowy. And I'm thinking of making the camera more wide angle. No post, by the way. Oh yes, and the area of grass cover is too small.

Dune

Different birches, different sky (a bit too soft, I'd say), but I'm also not satisfied with this smoke (distribution minimum should be up 40 cm, for one).

Shaba1

very nice but could you explain HOW you made the road and the railroad bed go where you wanted it to on the terrain?

:)

Smoke going straight up in air seems like train not moving. There is no engineer in the train to operate.
On bridges, try make vertical patterns will look more like the rust and stains from rain going down from wooden ties to area below. The bridges seem too regular and homogeneous for a real bridge to be, with more work it look good.

Dune

Thanks TheOne.
@Shaba1: on page 6 there's a tgd with the basic principle. But you cannot precisely get the road where you want it unless using a mask.