Blurry trees!

Started by FXFletch, January 19, 2012, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXFletch

Hi all,

Still getting to grips with TG2 and having an issue on my latest render, if you look at this section of the image the trees in the distance are very soft and blurry. It seems to be worse on the left hand edge of the frame because they are slightly further away.

I have played around with most of the render settings but not been able to work out what is causing it, it happens during the final anti-alias pass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian  

[attachimg=#]

Oshyan

Are you referring to what appears to be "flat" lighting (which I do see on the left side), or actual "softness" (likely due to distance haze or antialiasing, perhaps the particular AA filter you're using)?

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

Try reducing the atmosphere haze.

There may also be a scale problem. If you used the default 2000 meter displacement of the Terrain fractal, the trees are very large. I use a landmark object to judge object scale. Just size the landmark object to the height you need an object to be. Then place one object next to it. When the size matches, delete the one object. Use the size info for the population of the object. (Vary the size some in the two size inputs).

This is just a guess about what is happening. Sharing the tgd would give us a better understanding of your dilemma.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FXFletch

Thanks for the feedback, I think it is probably a combination of a couple of things. The haze was set high because of the look I was after and I changed to a different tree model which seems to have helped.