Feature request

Started by Mohawk20, March 27, 2007, 07:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

I am currently working on a scene where I put in some buildings. Since I cannot give a building more than one texture I wanted to import the building in pieces, and put them together. To do that it would be great if I could see a wireframe representation of the building inthe preview window, instead of only the boundingbox.

I don't know if you're allready working on it, if so could you give an indication when it will be implemented? In one of the Tech preview updates or the final release?

Thanks.
Howgh!

cyphyr

You shouldn't really need a wire frame preview for butting together buildings and the like although I would like a preview too. From the point of view of modeling in lightwave (other 3d Apps will be similar. as long as the objects origin is in the same place all of your building elements will line up correctly. As you move the cursor over the preview window notice the xyz numbers at the bottom, type these into the object properties for its location and your building elements will be in the right place. Of course you can always uv map your object and import it with up to 16 layers of texture. A not on buildings: Give your buildings a large basement, this will allow them to be placed on slopes without any gap beneath them.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

Quote from: cyphyr on March 27, 2007, 10:48:10 AM
as long as the objects origin is in the same place all of your building elements will line up correctly.

You know what the problem is... I have a building with a room resting upon some huge pillars. I want glass windows in the room only. I thought of importing the windows (reflective shaded) apart from the building. The building is wider and higher than the windows, so I cannot line them up correctly without rendering the scene atleast 3 times. Can be done pretty quick, but isn't the easyest way...
Howgh!

Mohawk20

Quote from: cyphyr on March 27, 2007, 10:48:10 AM
as long as the objects origin is in the same place all of your building elements will line up correctly

You were right about that... fitted just fine. Still like to have the wireframe though...

Another feature request: Would it be possible to implement a preferences option where any camera movement in the preview is final, so you don't have to click 'set camera'? It would be nice to be able to turn that on or off. Lately I have set my pc to work pretty quickly a few times. Woke up, saw the render needed a small change, change it and render, then run off to work. Meanwhile forgot to click 'set camera, so nothing changed, and I had to do yet another render.
Would be a nice feature.

Thanks.
Howgh!