Plan for Objects

Started by rcallicotte, March 25, 2007, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Oshyan, Matt, or Jo - Is there a definitive plan you can tell us about to either limit the number of textures allowed on an imported object (and how many) or will there be a day that there is no limit?  If there will be a limit, and it's in your plan so you can tell us what this number is, how many textures can we look forward to per object?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Matt

In future we'd like to remove all limits on the number of materials that can be assigned to objects. Unfortunately I can't give a definite answer as to when that will happen.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

rcallicotte

Thanks, Matt.  I'm in no hurry, since there are apparently bigger fish to fry.  From a user's perspective, having this ability you mentioned, of course, is sublime heaven so I'm sounding like a real "suck-up" perhaps.  Yet, I'm beginning to understand the value of grasping ways to use the functions/procedures of texturing surfaces.  Perhaps understanding this subject will help me with objects as well, but in the meantime I plan to learn the core software in TG2 - procedural texturing.

I just saw your name in the book "Texturing and Modeling" with an acknowledgement to Terragen.  Cool.  In a math book, no less.   :P
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?