How do I import .tgc

Started by TheBadger, April 14, 2011, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

I am having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to import tgc files. I understand what they do and how they work, but not how to get them into a new project.

For example, I recently downloaded a .tgc titled "cracks" by dandilo, it is a cracked desert ground that I want to use as the surface of a shot, but how do I get it into my project as ground covering?

I have checked the threads and am not finding a single detailed explanation.

Please help. Thank you.
It has been eaten.

jo

Hi,

The proper name for a .tgc file is a "clip" file. Go the the File menu and choose "Insert Clip File". A file dialog will open to let you choose the clip file to open.

Regards,

Jo

dandelO

Hi.

I posted this image last night in another of your threads here, it shows generally how to connect a clipfile to an existing node network...

Hope it explains things ok. I also replied again to the question about the cracks in that thread. :)

TheBadger

Thank you.

I have brought the clip file into my project and can see it in the node view. but how do I connect it?

I am working in a power frac.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Never mind! I got it. Just click and drag. Nice.

Anything else I should know when starting to learn this side of things?
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on April 14, 2011, 11:01:24 AM
Never mind! I got it. Just click and drag. Nice.

Anything else I should know when starting to learn this side of things?
Nodes are tricky if you've not worked with them before in this type of setup...in some aps they're 'behind the scenes' and all that stuff will happen with the click of a button but TG2 allows for much more in depth exploration with it's new set up...I'm slowly learning and only held back by my maths deficiency...thanks gawd for spell check...spelled deficiency wrong twice.. .., heh heh heh...experiment, experiment and then experiment some more...it's like learning a new instrument...only practice makes it happen.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

airflamesred

daividO, dandilo - I dread to think whats coming next!