Startup

Started by Caramel, March 26, 2007, 11:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caramel

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, whenever you startup Terragen, it always starts off slightly to the bottom-right. Also, if you move it or maximize it, the next time you start Terragen, it doesn't remember the previous window setting. I think it would make more sense if it started maximized and remembered the previous window setting from the last run.

Cyber-Angel

I can confirm that this dose happen, but to be honest it doesn't take much out of the day to maximise the window. Yes, it would be nice if Terragen memorised the last window position on closing; maybe this like so many other things will happen for the finale release but there are so  many things that are higher on the list of priorities right now I should imagine that some thing like this would be near the vary bottom of that list.

Little things like this are what sets truly great software form the average run of the mill software, but at this time in the development of TG2 such things as this are akin to buying several horses before the stables are built.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Oshyan

Although this is certainly a minor problem and low on the priority list it's probably something we'll address eventually. It is not my experience that most applications start maximized, but starting centered make some sense, so that's what we'll probably do. This will be evaluated at a later time when we get around to such fine-tuning of the UI and application behavior.

- Oshyan

bigben

Agreed it's minor, but it does hide the frame numbers which is a bit of a nuisance. 

A double click on the title bar probably requires the least thought/dexterity to maximise the window and it eventually becomes habitual  ;)

Mandrake

A disappearing act of the License page would be nice too.

3DGuy

When I start it it's offset to the top left. I guess it has a fixed starting position. Depending on your resolution it will appear differently.

Will

For me it starts minamized, kinda weird I suppose.
Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.