Another desert planet

Started by nvseal, March 29, 2007, 12:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

This is not the final image. I'm thinking about moving the camera away and changing the angle. I might also tweak the colors and add some cloud cover. I am also considering adding some vegitation if I can make it look good. Critics and comments welcome. :)

duff

Looks good.

How did you get the pole effect?

nvseal

Quote from: duff on March 29, 2007, 01:08:47 PM
How did you get the pole effect?
I used a surface layer with "Use Y for slope" enabled for the slope restriction.

ProjectX

I can never seem to get that look of depth to a planet that you've mastered here, especially at the border between light and shadow. it's a truly beautiful render

child@play

really nice desert planet, great colouring
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

old_blaggard

Great displacement and coloring!  I agree that you've managed to convey a great sense of depth.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 29, 2007, 02:33:11 PM
Great displacement and coloring!  I agree that you've managed to convey a great sense of depth.

completely agree, great work mate!

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Oshyan

Those must be some huuuuge canyons down there! Nice results with very large scale features. Puts the Grand Canyon to shame. ;D

- Oshyan

Arandil

Yeah .. Valles Marineris, meet yo' daddy!   ;D

EDIT: No atmo??? Awwwwww ...  ;)

nvseal

Quote from: Arandil on March 29, 2007, 09:16:15 PMNo atmo??? Awwwwww
Actually, there is an atmosphere. If you look closely at the planet's edge you can see it -- I just have it turned down because any higher density and it looks bad with the large scale displacement. Speaking of which, yes, it is rather extreme, and I am not yet done with this scene, but any smaller and it is not really visible from space. Thanks for the comments.  :)