Hang time - 2.3 + render error update

Started by dandelO, April 21, 2011, 02:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

I neglected not to use unique variations and then last night when I was rendering something else I thought of that.
Sounds right, since the last version didn't create them it's understandable that the calculation would take longer. If it's for a sphere population then this is a feature I don't need anyway. Thanks for the reply, Jo. I'll test it out once I'm finished rendering. :)

Matt

"Unique variations" has been in the Rock object since 2.0, maybe even the Tech Previews.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

dandelO

I was going on these lines from the 2.3 change log.

QuoteIf a population uses an object generator's Unique Variations feature (e.g. the Rock object), there was a bug that prevented changes to the object from being seen by the populator. This has been fixed. However, you still need to force a repopulation in order to get the changes.

Matt

That just means that any change after the first time the rocks were generated wasn't being picked up. But unique variations were always working in some manner. If you saved and reloaded a project, the changes would happen. Now you don't have to. That probably means you weren't really getting a population of smooth rocks before, until the next time you loaded the project.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.