Terragen 2 Best Image Gallery?

Started by jbest, May 04, 2011, 12:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbest

Hey guys,

I was just wondering. What are your thoughts on having a seperate topic area of Planetside Forums for the best pictures created with Terragen 2 (chosen by moderators)? If you're a Blender user (like me) you might know of a website called BlenderArtists for those who wish to post their Blender works, and they have a Forum Gallery for the best pictures posted. Just wondering what the Planetside Forum's members think.

--Jahnu
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Tangled-Universe

So you mean Oshyan's favorite images? ;D

reck

Can't we just view the gallery page on the planetside website to see some of the best pictures created in TG2 chosen by moderators (Oshyan)?

Tangled-Universe

Indeed, though I think that page could use another update.
Has been a long time ago so I'm afraid nice pictures of (say) 6 months ago might be easily missed.

Henry Blewer

I think every once in a while, Matt needs to do something besides program. That's when the image gallery at Planetside's site gets updated. Fortunately for us users, Matt and Jo are quite dedicated. Therefore the gallery does not get updated often. :)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Draigr

So I suppose the argument still stands then?

An image gallery of the best recent pictures from Terragen? That gets updated regularly.

Of course, this is the Terragen forums, so it's not like the moderators have a lot of work picking pictures...

They might have trouble cutting them down to a few of the 'best', but picking them...

jbest

Ah yes, the Terragen 2 gallery at the Planetside website. A lot of those pictures there don't seem that recent though. There might be some ... but I was thinking of something actually here at the Forums.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

max_thehitman

Needs updating... for sure  ;) for sure

jaf

Besides, now with the x64 version, surely there's going to be some memory intensive scenes that weren't possible before.

I'm surely no TG2 expert as most of you regulars are, but I would take the time to give a voting opinion.  Maybe some method of forum  critique to set the top 10, 20, etc. all time tg2 images?

I believe that good galleries sell software and TG2 (to me) is the best in it's category.  Heck some of the images I see here in the forums for simple test purposes are better than most at other sites.  An I'd be willing to bet there's less post-processing with TG2 images than the competition.

Just my opinion.  ;)
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Dune

It would be nice to have a system where you can upload an image and viewers can vote for the best (once per IP), so there will be an automatic (images would switch places, which I'm sure can be done) order from best to 'really awful'.

jbest

Quote from: Dune on May 05, 2011, 03:02:33 AM
It would be nice to have a system where you can upload an image and viewers can vote for the best (once per IP), so there will be an automatic (images would switch places, which I'm sure can be done) order from best to 'really awful'.

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool too :) And I guess if a picture gets enough "Best" votes then it can be put into a gallery or something, too  ;)

sjefen

Yeah. I like this idea also. It's a good way to update the official gallery. It seldom gets updated  :)

Regards,
Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

We're definitely planning to update the official gallery soon (incidentally it's me that usually does update it). I'm also contemplating some kind of a submission system, and while I hadn't planned on a public voting option, it's an interesting thing to consider...

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

I like the submission idea Oshyan.

However, I'm not fond of a voting system.
I'm glad this community is open and honest (mostly) and I'm afraid such voting systems for whatever will bias things towards a Renderosity environment.
Not my game anymore if I may speak for myself.

Cheers,
Martin

Seth

I agree with Martin.
The voting stuff is not a good idea.
it will finish as friends voting for friends.