Faux Transparent Water (Clear Water revised)

Started by sonshine777, March 30, 2007, 04:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here is a refinement of the clear water image I submitted a couple of days ago.
What I changed:

1. Changed the mud image to an image created with a caustics generator.
2. Added grass (plant life to be added)
3. Placed a distance shader between the caustics image and the surface shader
    this allowed me to clip the image where the water shuold start getting deeper.
4. More clouds (still developing)

The hardest thing to get the what I want it is the roughness of the water. If I get
too much roughness it creates those black spots that you get from over streched
displacements.

This is definitly still a work in progress. :)

Enjoy, and as always comments welcome.

child@play

this is a really amazing image, the water, the mountains, just lovely :)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

This is very nice.  I like it overall.  After looking at this again, and seeing Old_Blaggard's critique, I thought I would mention how much like the moss on the edge of a pond your water edge on the left resembles.  The little bit of agitation in the water is just right, though it would be great if it had a little more variation.  Not sure how possible that is right now, though.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Lovely composition.  I like the variety of stones and vegetation, and the water of course looks wonderful.  The background is also very well done.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Heres an updated version I posted over on Terranuts site, its larger and added some more plants in the distant shorelines. I also added a rock on the left side to cover the ward that was in the water on the image posted here.

http://www.terranuts.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=26073

Buzzzzz

Very nice, although I think it would be improved without the caustics Image shader and adding a little surface agitation to the water. But what do I know?  :P