Looks clear down there!!!!

Started by dhavalmistry, March 31, 2007, 12:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

for this one I only used planet surface shader!!!...I want to make the ocean more reflective, I want it to reflect big round blog of the sun in the water....any tips on how to do this would be great!!!...little bit of post processing in photoshop....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Very interesting colors.  I honestly think that the sun is reflected a bit too much just by the atmosphere.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

I agree with old_blaggard about the atmo but neat color choise.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Nice.  I like the glow of the planet in general and the fiery glow in particular.  Great atmosphere, too.  Fool around with the GI to get your reflection...maybe.  I ran into trouble with that, though, due to some weird lighting effects.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I don't see the "ocean" reflecting anything. It looks like the entire surface of the planet is somewhat reflective. Did you apply a water or reflective shader to the scene? You can increase reflection strength, highlight intensity and highlight spread if you want a more distinct reflection.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I only used planet surface shader nothing else....

Oshyan

Ah, then there is basic reflectivity - it's built-in to that shader. However you don't have enough control to get sharper specular highlights as you seem to want. Frankly I wouldn't bother with using the Planetary Surface Shader at this point. It's fairly experimental and rather limited. You can get a similar effect with far more control using the last version of "Teracell": http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=754.msg11128#msg11128

- Oshyan

DiscoBall

:O Woah!!

You so need to make the sun green.

Do you know Command and Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars?

If the reflection colour was green..and it glowed a lot..that would look so good.
And I mean, so good.
:)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: DiscoBall on April 02, 2007, 07:44:34 AM
:O Woah!!

You so need to make the sun green.

Do you know Command and Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars?

If the reflection colour was green..and it glowed a lot..that would look so good.
And I mean, so good.
:)

ya I just got it last night...it looks good...I am still in 3rd mission  ;)