newborn planet

Started by child@play, April 02, 2007, 04:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child@play

here's my image for the new contest from meltingice, thought i'd post it here aswell, comments welcome :)

perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

old_blaggard

Interesting colors.  I like your stylized approach to this.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

hey you stole my topic title  ;) Neat colors, very styleized.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Wow.  Wild colors!  How much fun is that!  I like what you're doing.  This must be a hippy planet...right on?   :P  Dude.  LOL.

Have you tried zooming in on your planet to see what level of details you can maintain?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

child@play

hehe, nice idea, really have to take a shot from down there :)

hippy planet would have been a nice title aswell  ;D
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Be careful that that the hippicrits don't get you if you zoom in too close.

Ooooh.  I know.  Not so funny. 

Anyway...did you do this with Terracell?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

child@play

no, it's just a fractal terrain with rather extreme scale settings, few surface layers, three cloud layers (all three with same density fractal but differing in altitude and depth)

the moon was made really simple, just took the main planets surface, adjusted the colours and took the main planets atmo aswell