Clear Day 2

Started by dhavalmistry, April 03, 2007, 10:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

this scene was mainly for water.....after that transparent water thread, I thought I should give it a try too....and eventually ended up with this....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Njen

Looks real nice and summery. I'd suggest in making the trees a touch less saturated, they look too...green...  :)

Extremely minor details: decrease the edge sharpness on the clouds and darken the water slightly. Also a little variation in the tree colour would go a long way.

But overall, a picture pleasing to the eye indeed!

dhavalmistry

Quote from: njen on April 03, 2007, 10:42:29 AM
Looks real nice and summery. I'd suggest in making the trees a touch less saturated, they look too...green...  :)

Extremely minor details: decrease the edge sharpness on the clouds and darken the water slightly. Also a little variation in the tree colour would go a long way.

But overall, a picture pleasing to the eye indeed!

thanx for your reply....how do I give trees color variation?

Njen

I am afraid the only way I know of is to make two (or more) populations of trees that reference different textures for their leaves...

dhavalmistry

ya...that was my backup plan  ;D

Oshyan

Very nice image. I actually like the clouds and water color the way they are. I'd only suggest lessening tree leaf saturation and adding some variation. You don't necessarily need to use multiple populations for variation: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=730.0

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Great sky and water.  This is what it felt like to go fishing on Lake Jacomo years ago.  I'm in agreement about the trees/leaves.  Needs some variety and color control.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Great image, I really like it.

dhavalmistry

I actually used image map for the water
and I will give it a try to population color variation