Looking for suggestions...

Started by nvseal, April 05, 2007, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

I think this scene needs something else to be complete. I have some ideas that I might try out (such as changing the camera ange and fov) but I would be interested to here what some of you might suggest adding.

Njen

First of all, I love this image already. The sky and clouds look simple, but true.

The terrain dosen't look like desert sand, so I would suggest in littering the scene with small pebbles and the odd rock. Maybe even some ground weeds, nothing that stands up tall, but snake a little way along the ground.

child@play

yeah, lovely sky as it is now, maybe try adding one or two dead trees, would point out the 'hopelessness' of the scene, and maybe a little dry grass.

if you had a skull of a cow, now that'd be perfect :)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

dhavalmistry

maybe "real" moon....depending on your sun position...or else if you are willing to go beyond earth...then a planet...everything else is really well done :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

I agree with most of the above.  Your image doesn't quite have the feel of a scorching dead desert, so the occasional larger stone or scrubby cactus would help out.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Camera angle and POV seem fine. As mentioned above, desert plant life and more rocks would bring this piece to completion. Right now it looks like a great TG v9.43 image. :)

nvseal

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at adding some rocks and I just don't like the look of it for some reason; they just seem...wrong. Though I will admit to not having spent a lot of time on them so I will continue to play around but I also want to try to maintain the barren simplicity of the scene. I have tweaked the camera angle and fov a little and the sun position (making it higher in the sky and the scene brighter). I also still have the orginal tgd just in case I don't like this one. So here is a small render. I like the fov, it makes the scene feel more expansive. Or so I think.. ;)

nvseal

This has to be my favorite so far. I've changed the sun, fov, camera angle some (just to make it work the fov), and I've added the moon of course.  ;D I'm going to render this again later with higher detail before I call it "done". Thoughts? Critics?

Will

nice, I like this one the most. Maybe make the moon a little smaller (if you want realism) or a little bigger (if you want a more stylized look).

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

sonshine777

I agree with Will the one with the moon looks better. If you want to keep the moon large, you might try bringing you red decay up a little and making the moon more yellow. A large moon does happen but it usually is low in the sky, the atmosphere acts like a magnifying glass but it also make the moon appear yellow to orange.  :)

dhavalmistry

also the moon is in dead centre....try moving it away from the centre and make it smaller.....thanx for trying out my suggestion.....keep up the good work!!!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

bigben

The moon looks way too bright compared to the sky around it. I'd expect the moon to have more colour from the atmosphere for this time of day. With the moon being so clear it looks stripped in.

See this image for example

rcallicotte

I like the moon and where you place it might be an artistic decision...I love it where it is.  And as far as being too bright, it depends on the look you want - realistic or partially surreal.  Great job.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?