Localise this.

Started by TheBadger, June 15, 2011, 09:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi everybody.

Ok, So maybe I'm broken in the head, but I cant seem to get clouds to localise. I get a bounding box in the preview and axis arrows, but no clouds after clicking Localise. I have been using a clip file, is that the problem? Or what?

Please help.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Did you have enough cloud cover inside the restricted area? Heights ok? Otherwise post your tgd...

TheBadger

Sorry cant post the file.

What should happen when I click localise? As I said I get a bounding box and axis arrows but no clouds in the preview and none in the render.
Should there be clouds in the bounding box? I would have guessed there should be clouds within the box and visible within the preview, but maybe not?

If the box is visible and the axis are visible then the clouds should be in my preview? So what might be the problem?
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Ok, So im getting results now! However, I wonder if there is a glitch with the localize effect the way there is with the radius sliders for the planet size? Localize dose not seem to work the way one would expect, but it is working for me now. Thanks anyway.
It has been eaten.

Matt

Localise doesn't guarantee that there will be clouds within the localisation sphere. The default cloud layers usually have plenty of holes, so it's quite easy to end up localising around some empty space. One way you can increase the amount of cloud is with the Coverage parameter, either on the Cloud Layer or on the fractal that feeds it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

cyphyr

Or hit the "Random Seed" button a few times.
:)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)