Atmospere

Started by Rissien, June 27, 2011, 09:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rissien

Working on my latest render, doing a veiw in lower orbit. Been working on the cloud layers trying to get them fairly big however suddenly all I get when i make a full render is the atmosphere is covered in tiny white specs and can hardly see the ground or the clouds themselves. I havnt touched the atmosphere itself and the only way I can seem to get rid of the effect is to turn the atmosphere off. Had a similar issue a while back from a full planet veiw and I had resorted to turning the atmosphere off to see below. Any idea whats going on?

Oshyan

It would be helpful if you could post an image of what you get when you render. A TGD showing the problem would be even better. It sounds like the scales may have gotten tweaked to where there's lots of little clouds...

- Oshyan

Rissien

I deleted the cloud layers and rerendered it to show.

Oshyan

Ah, so this is without cloud layers? Looks like possibly noise in the atmosphere. What is the number of atmosphere samples you have set in the Quality tab of the Atmosphere node? Also are you using Raytrace Atmosphere (set in the Renderer node)?

- Oshyan

Rissien

Yes, I deleted them just to make sure it wasnt them. I havnt even touched the atmosphere so that should all be on default settings.
16 samples
and no Ray trace is not selected.

Oshyan

Increase samples, try 64. You could also leave samples where it is and turn on Raytrace Atmosphere, then put antialiasing to 4 or 5.

- Oshyan

Rissien

Dont have the commercial version so I cannot up AA higher than 3, however both methods just make it look very foggy.

Oshyan

It probably is "foggy"/hazy, which would explain the noise. You can try reducing haze density if you dislike it, but it's a normal rendering of atmosphere with the sun near the horizon like that.

- Oshyan

Rissien

Reduced the haze, looks better now. Thanks for the help.