[FIXED] Random Crashes on Value Changes, Renders, etc. (Bug?)

Started by Typhuse, December 23, 2006, 01:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhuse

I keep crashing on just about anything in Terragen TGP. I change a value from a somewhat high value to a low value it crashes. I even crash on just making shaders and such. I don't know what the problem could be. My computer information is below.

CPU Type                                          Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8 x 200)1
Motherboard Name                                  Hewlett-Packard Presario V3000 (EZ680UA#ABA)
Motherboard Chipset                               nVIDIA GeForce 6150, AMD Hammer
System Memory                                     960 MB  (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)
BIOS Type                                         Phoenix (06/16/06)
Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150  (256 MB)
Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150  (256 MB)
3D Accelerator                                    nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Monitor                                           Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]
DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

1 - Dual Processors (1600 MHz 64-bit times 2)

Oshyan

We're aware of certain systems having extreme stability problems. There are a few things that seem to make this much worse. First, make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video system. Second, if you are running any theming software, try turning it off. Finally, a possible workaround is to go to the Advanced Graphics Properties and in the Troubleshooting tab set Graphics Acceleration down a couple notches. If this fixes the problem please let us know as this helps us diagnose these issues.

We are actively working on fixes for these and other issues and will be issuing a patch within the next couple weeks.

- Oshyan

Typhuse

Thank you JavaJones for the reply. I'm going to test this right now. nVidia control panel allows application profiling for certain graphics enhancements and such. Let me see here if turning down the hardware acceleration from multi-display to single-display performance mode. :D

Edit:
Thank you so much JavaJones. This has worked, so far. I have been going up and down with settings and the things that sometimes caused it to crash haven't killed it.
I rendered this last night without any problems. :D
Terregen 2 Cumulus Clouds

Oshyan

I'm glad to hear that has helped. It's nice that the nVidia control panel allows per-application control of those settings. I will keep that in mind for helping others in the future.

- Oshyan

Typhuse

No problem man. I've been waiting forever for Terragen 2 to come, but when I got the TGTP I kept getting crashed. :/
But now that this works a whole lot better I can work in peace.
I'm glad I could have been of help.
~Typhuse