Planet within a planet, Swirling clouds.Need help!! Sequence render=white

Started by Themodman101, July 16, 2011, 03:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

What happens if you disable the accelaration cache in the cloud node? (set it to None).
If that does not happen, do you use raytraced atmosphere in the rendernode?

Themodman101

Ahh, I was testing in a new Scene.. And yes RayTrace Atmo, is indeed checked.. changing the acceleration worked well. :D

Okay guys, BIG problem here.. I'm rendering at school with 20 PC's and I cant get the TGD to stop Repopulating my Pine tree's every time I bring it onto a new PC to render the next frame.. This is driving me nuts!!

Here's my process:

Okay so I have the TGD file, and I have it on the Network Drive.. Each PC is loading the File, and I'm rendering 1-20 frames at a time.. The issue is that it keeps repopulating EVERY TIME that I start it on a new PC.. I DONT have Repopulate every frame turned on.. So what can I do to keep the same data once I save it?

Tangled-Universe

You can't.
Every single machine renders your tgd locally and they cannot share data among each other.
So every single machine needs to calculate the populations themselves.

Themodman101

Okay, So I guess I have to render the tree's in a separate render pass? I can disable everything but the Tree's and still have them following the surface of the terrain right?

I have all the software I need to Composite it into the scene.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Themodman101 on July 19, 2011, 10:46:20 AM
Okay, So I guess I have to render the tree's in a separate render pass? I can disable everything but the Tree's and still have them following the surface of the terrain right?

I have all the software I need to Composite it into the scene.

Do I understand correctly that the camera won't move?
If so, then you can render one frame with the trees and render the entire animation without the trees and comp it.

I did the same here, rendered the trees once and the moving clouds is a crop rendered animation, saved me a huge amount of time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzsRvieB6IQ

Themodman101

Actually the camera moves a lot. like alot alot.. I can upload the file I suppose. Here it is: