a few of my first renders..

Started by friedd0g, April 07, 2007, 06:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

friedd0g

Here are a few of my first renders.. i realise that they are not up there on par with much of the images posted here but i am pleased with the result of some of them none the less and any feedback, C&C, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated :)

for most of these renders i have attached the rendered image as well as the image adusted with auto levels in photoshop, as im unsure of which version i like the best..

cheers

p.s sorry about the sizes

friedd0g

a couple more..

friedd0g

and the last two.. thanks :)

dhavalmistry

thats some crazy water in first post...I like your clouds too...

in 2nd post...I like your first picture...although it has some lightning issues..but you can always improve on it

3rd post looks good...a bit more work in water...

Nice job overall!!

and welcome aboard :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I can see your progression.  It has taken a lot of experimentation for me to get the clouds where I want them and the terrain is an ongoing project to learn.  You're progressing well in my opinion.  I especially like the lighthouse scene.  Very good!  The lighting is about perfect (in my opinion) and the water with sunlight is perfect.  Your clouds in this scene are believable as well.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Nice job.  It looks like you've managed to get pretty good control over all of the individual elements of TG2.  Now you've just got to combine all of those techniques when making your image and you will be on the right track.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

DiscoBall

Those last two...look SOO real. Seriously.

That second post-first image looks absolutely fantastic! Just notch up the detail in the foreground, and it'll look perfect ;)

mrwho

nice. is that the lighthouse model i posted in the 3d resources thread? I haven't tried it out yet, and I was wondering if it worked

friedd0g

first of all, thank you very much for taking the time to look at my renders.

i really appreciate all the feedback you guys have given, and i tend to agree with most of your comments and you guys have really motivated me to keep trying to better myself and master terragen. at the moment the hardest thing im finding to get an understanding of is the node network and also trying to get the terrain to look how i want, but i guess that will just come in time.

and to mrwho, yes that was the lighthouse model you posted, i couldnt remember who posted it at the time i posted the renders (so im sorry i didnt give your due credit) but i've just gone back and double checked and it was the one you posted, it was absolutely perfect for the scene i was trying to create. Thankyou :D

king_tiger_666

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

friedd0g

lol yes king tiger that would be correct :P? btw, i think your from NZ? where abouts are you at? im from Wellington myself..

king_tiger_666

Auckland.... I seem to have posted my reply at the same time you did :P.... windy Wellington aye.... always good to see another kiwi terranut:P 
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

DiscoBall

Heh nice..NZ eh? Shouldn't it be time to go to sleep..it's nearly midnight here is Australia :P

neon22

The Kiwi contingent is building. King_tiger_666, friedd0g, neon22 :-)