An unusual 4x4 NWDA promo - Winners on page 2

Started by FrankB, August 22, 2011, 12:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi all,

this is going to be a bit unusual, meaning we haven't done this in past, but we hope you like the idea:

We'd like to convince everyone of how beautiful and high quality the latest pine trees look when rendered in TG2!!!

So we're looking for up to 4 artists to pick and choose 4 pine tree models each, and who are willing to give their very best in putting the pine trees into scene in one or more TG2 renders, which should be ready and published here on the forums by the end of this month, give or take a couple days.

Of course the artists can keep the trees models permanently !
NWDA gets a few great promo renders, and you get the models to forever continue to play with :)

If you are interested in this offer, please apply right here in this thread, together with (a link to) the render of yours that you are most proud of, and that features vegetation - meaning your reference render  :)
The reference render doesnt have to be new.

We'll pick those entries where we find your reference image most appealing.

I hope this does motivate you all to throw yourself into the race! I'm looking forward to your participation :)

Best Regards,
Frank

PS: here is a link to the models http://www.nwdanet.com/buy/14-trees-single-models

otakar

Just when I'm leaving for vacation :( . I'd have jumped on it otherwise. The trees are really nice models. Looking forward to the renders when I return.

fenixcats

Oh Boy - been gone for awhile but have been keeping track of you guys- so I would like to submit my 2 renders and hope you choose me!

Thanks again,

Mike
fenixcats

Link:  http://fenixcats.com/index.php/art/terragen

choronr

Here is my reference image; and, thanks for the opportunity http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=12654.0 . Wish you could extend the final date to mid September for submission if possible - have a lot of other things going on.

Dune

I always win, so I won't apply  :D  :D :D I wish all contestants all the inspiration they need and look forward to the renders!

TheBadger

I dont need to win em, I already decided to buy em. But love that your making a contest! Contests seem to add a lot of fun around here :D
It has been eaten.

FrankB

Thanks all for the interest so far.

Everyone else, don't be shy and join in!!! Every application is appreciated!

@Choronr: I think up to one week into September is no problem.

Best regards,
Frank

choronr

Quote from: FrankB on August 22, 2011, 04:49:34 PM
Thanks all for the interest so far.

Everyone else, don't be shy and join in!!! Every application is appreciated!

@Choronr: I think up to one week into September is no problem.

Best regards,
Frank
Thanks Frank, that sounds good.

FrankB

Thank you, great submissions so far! I'll keep this open for another day or two, and then we'll make a decision.

Cheers,
Frank

FrankB

a little note: reference images are most helpful when they present trees rendered closer to the camera.

Other than that: submissions are still possible, so don't be shy! Yes, YOU should post something here now ;)

Looking forward to it :)

Cheers,
Frank

choronr

And, here is another...