Blender 2.59 - tress and ivy addons

Started by reck, August 09, 2011, 09:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Add-ons for Blender 2.59

Sapling
Modelling realistic trees can be a difficult task, especially if a large number of similar trees with small variations are required. This addon uses the method developed by Jason Weber and Joseph Penn in their paper "Creation and Rendering of Realistic Trees" to easily create a wide variety of trees. Using curves as the basis of construction allows dynamic geometry which can be changed depending on the level of detail required.

Ivy Gen
Based on the wonderful code by Thomas Luft & his original IvyGen program.

Anyone had a play around with these yet?

Tangled-Universe

Hey that's cool.
I'm familiar with the Ivy Generator. Used it a couple of times before together with TG2.
But the new tree tools sound very interesting!

Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on August 09, 2011, 05:56:12 PM
Here's a discussion thread with some nice examples: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?214857-Sapling-A-Tree-Generator-Add-On-for-Blender-(Version-0.2)
- Oshyan

I use Commodo DNS and it says this when i click the link :
"Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked!
blenderartists.org
This website has been blocked temporarily because of the following reason(s):
    Malware: Site may contain content that is harmful, illegal, or malicious to your computer
Go back to safety (Recommended)
This website has been reported as unsafe by various users and we do NOT recommend you to continue browsing.
Disregard this warning and continue (Not Recommended)"

Do any of you have a similar warning from your Anti Virus etc software ?
It is probably false but just in case!

Oshyan

Strange, I didn't get any warnings from antivirus or Chrome (built-in reputation management from Google).

Incidentally the basis for this tree system is the same as that for Arbaro I think. But being integrated into Blender it's a lot more usable and flexible.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on August 09, 2011, 08:14:53 PM
Strange, I didn't get any warnings from antivirus or Chrome (built-in reputation management from Google).
Incidentally the basis for this tree system is the same as that for Arbaro I think. But being integrated into Blender it's a lot more usable and flexible.
- Oshyan

Thanks , Oshyan!

AP

reck