the forums

Started by PrisonerX, December 23, 2006, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrisonerX

Is there gonna be a section for winDows useRs and a secTion Mac Users ?

Oshyan

We don't currently have separate sections planned. The applications function almost exactly the same, aside from different mouse/keyboard commands and file structures. What is the reason that you suggest having separate areas?

- Oshyan

calyxa

I don't get the request for different pc/mac sections, but I do see a need for a 'general' section (where this very discussion would go, for example.)

the question about the forums that I have that I've avoided starting a new discussion for because there isn't an appropriate place, and it's not that huge of a deal is -- am I just missing something obvious when it comes to identifying where in the thread the new messages start?

I do get that the BOLD text of the headlines indicate which threads have new messages, but once in the various threads, it isn't clear at all which message is the 'first new one'.

thanks!

BPauba

Ah, I hope you guys stay with this format! I know the mac section will not have as much activity :(. Dont seperate us!

3DGuy

Quote from: calyxa on December 23, 2006, 05:40:43 PM

I do get that the BOLD text of the headlines indicate which threads have new messages, but once in the various threads, it isn't clear at all which message is the 'first new one'.

thanks!

Click on the 'new' word after the thread title and it takes you to the new messages.

I do have one problem. If someone attaches an image there's a link to the large version there, but if I click it it wants to download the image instead of showing it in the browser. This happens with IE and FF.

BPauba

Quote from: 3DGuy on December 23, 2006, 06:38:05 PM
Quote from: calyxa on December 23, 2006, 05:40:43 PM

thanks!

Click on the 'new' word after the thread title and it takes you to the new messages.

I do have one problem. If someone attaches an image there's a link to the large version there, but if I click it it wants to download the image instead of showing it in the browser. This happens with IE and FF.

Hmm, coudl that be a setting in FF because I am using FF on a mac and it brings me to an enlarged version of the image...

calyxa

huh, cool.  I guess that might explain why it only seemed to jump to the new messages "sometimes." I'll be more careful about where I click now.

I'm not sure what to say about your other issue, other than I'm using FireFox (Mac) and I don't have the problem you report.

Oshyan

"Open Discussion" (general) has now been created. :)

- Oshyan

3DGuy

Ok, did some checking, seems if I click on the image itself it opens a bigger version, but if I click on the filename below it wants to download it. I guess I started clicking the filename because it took some time to fetch the large version apparently :P

helentr

Click on the image itself to see the larger version. Click again and it becomes small. Clicking on the name below tarts a download dialog in both FF and IE.

Helen

PrisonerX

I ask this because I downloaded the gary_tg2_object_tutorial.
On my mAc, and I can't use the StumpHighRes.OBJ ,
because it is a winDows .OBJ so that put a damper on doing that tutorial.

" That tutorial works good on my winDows macHine " but I tell my wife this all the time " I don't do winDows ! "

Mac OS X 10.4.8
1.6 GHz g5
1 GB dDr mem.

Oshyan

OBJ format should be cross-platform. What problems do you have loading it in TG2?

- Oshyan

Jane

This is just a test to see if pixentral works here, with a thumbnail and a click to show larger image, 

Oh, I didnt think the thumbnail would be this big, will reduce them for here.  Heavens, its backwards, the thumbnail is bigger than the pic in the new window?
I need screenshots to survive as a newbie,
Jane