First "serious" image...and a first bug

Started by MF_Erwan, April 12, 2007, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MF_Erwan

Since I now have a faster (very faster indeed... ::)) computer, I'm now ready to learn how to use Terragen 2.
Here is my first "serious" image, that is to say...with textures, of snow, grass and rock...copied from a Terragen 0.9 texture (same hue, same coverage and same altitude and slope contraints). I also wanted a planet in a sky, but as you can see...there's a bug. Unless there are unauthorised planes contrails on MY planet? ;D
EDIT : PROBLEM SOLVED! ::)

Here is the file: http://elgastro22.free.fr/Terragen_2/Test.tgd

Erwan

PS : sorry for my english ;D, I'm french...

rcallicotte

Part of the problem is sun placement and then there might be problems with how you built your other planet (the one in the distance).
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

a good start nonetheless... i think the contrails need a little modification though...
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

MF_Erwan

EDIT : it's ok for now! ;) But I've changed the camera angle. :)

Quote from: calico on April 13, 2007, 07:10:46 AM
Part of the problem is sun placement and then there might be problems with how you built your other planet (the one in the distance).
The second supposition was the good one.

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on April 13, 2007, 07:24:08 AM
a good start nonetheless... i think the contrails need a little modification though...
In fact, I didn't want those contrails! ;D

Erwan

child@play

amazing shot! great terrain, and i like the cirrus very much  :)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Good job.  The clouds in the middle lower seem to be out of focus, but hey...this is very cool.  Good job, again.  I like the foreground terrain, the planet/moon in the distance, the clouds, and the overall lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

RedSquare

Cor!  Really excellent, much improved on your first posting.