actual speed of 2.3 rendering on windows 7

Started by arisdemos, September 06, 2011, 11:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

I just loaded 2.3 update on my low level quad with Windows 7 OP and it appears to give me somewhere in the range of a 3% reduction of rendering time. Is this render improvement I noted consistent with  Planetside's measurement of the 2.3-64 TG2 upgrade performance gain?

Oshyan

What scene are you using to test the differences? It  certainly varies depending on the content of the scene. We have seen greater performance improvements in many cases.

- Oshyan

arisdemos

Thanks for your reply Oshyan. The content of the image is somewhat complex, with a lot of water and rock going on plus three organic large/intensive graphic entities are included, and all use a good amount of texturing files. This image is one that I have worked on for a long time, and so I know pretty well time wise how the last couple of generations of TG2 have rendered the same or similar content. I am rather late in getting started on this improved model of TG2, and also have had little time/internet to mine this forum lately. I have spent almost two years away, and now am trying to get back on the TG2 horse with this latest  Planetside product. Have I missed any new educational/technical additions to the forum that might help?

arisdemos

Oshyan

Depending on how long it's been since you used TG, you might not be familiar with Raytrace Atmosphere for example, which can give higher quality and lower render times, with appropriate settings.

- Oshyan