Animation?

Started by Andrew March, September 28, 2011, 08:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

This looks very promising , Oshyan  :)

freelancah

Looks something I could use right about now! Any estimate on the release date?

Oshyan

Quote from: freelancah on October 12, 2011, 09:48:37 PM
Looks something I could use right about now! Any estimate on the release date?

No release date yet I'm afraid. It's coming along nicely though.

- Oshyan

Nico3333fr

Anyway, Terragen 2 offers very interesting capabilities for animations.

The final interface will be a great way to use these capabilities, for the moment, you have to parameter everything yourself... however it can produce very nice animations, see my youtube channel or my personal website... and I'm not a great professional TG2 as Seth  ;)
Still in love with Terragen animations : http://www.youtube.com/user/Nico3333fr :)

rcallicotte

Hey!   ;D  If I wasn't looking around in here, I would say you guys snuck that in under the radar.  COOL!

Quote from: Oshyan on October 12, 2011, 08:31:30 PM
We do not offer animation functions in our free versions because they are not time-restricted and are intended not only as commercial demos but also to allow people to use them for personal use as long as they wish. We value the community this has helped build, where free and licensed users alike can use and enjoy the software.

If you do need to demo the animation features, we're happy to provide a time-limited key for you to do so. As others have said the animation controls are currently fairly limited but our next major release will be focusing on some significant improvements, including a full time line editor. The fundamental animation capabilities will not change significantly in that you can already animate almost anything and new animatable parameters are not necessarily being added (there's not much to add); what we are focusing on is much greater control and display of important information for creating and editing your animations. We'll also be adding some other tools that will help make animating more pleasant and functional for working together with other apps.

Here's a little teaser of what we're working on...
http://twitpic.com/6zgeg0
Note: the UI is still likely to change, so what's shown in that image is of course not final.

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?