Licencing 2nd / 3rd nodes

Started by Jonathan, September 27, 2011, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Hi Oshyan,

I own TG2 64 bit (purchased from Xfrog) which I run on my main PC. I want to also load it onto my sons PC to render two frames  at a time - can I simply download the free version to his PC then add the license key you originally supplied?

Thanks.

Jonathan.
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Tangled-Universe

As far as I know each license offers up to 5 rendernodes.
That means you can install TG2 64-bit on 5 other machines in your working place to render your TG2 work on.
However, if you design your work on more than 1 machine simultaneously you should buy another license for that design workstation.

Cheers,
Martin

Jonathan

Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Oshyan

Sorry for the late response. The additional render nodes you are granted can be installed with the same installer as for the main program; it is the same application, just used differently (only for rendering, in the case of render nodes). Unlike Terragen Classic, the free version available for download on our website cannot be upgraded to a licensed version; you need to download using the special link sent to you in your original purchase email.

- Oshyan

Jonathan

Thanks Oshyan :) The issue is that the download link from Xfrog expires after a short period of time, so when I went back to download the link was no longer there - fortunately I kept a backup so all is sorted! P.S. When I originally downloaded the free version (years ago) the water shader could do more stuff (like foam when hitting a coast) - are you updating the water shader to do more? Rollers would be lovely to :) Thanks again.

Oshyan

Glad to hear you sorted it out. We weren't aware of the issue with expiring Xfrog links, that's good to know. Fortunately there's an update feature built in to recent versions of TG2.

The shore foam feature was in Terragen Classic, it has never been a part of Terragen 2. We do hope to add similar features in the future however.

- Oshyan