the four faces

Started by child@play, April 13, 2007, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child@play

hi, here's my newest image, i used the twist and distribution trick and tried something new with the clouds. but i need some help here, i want to get details like here http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1307.0 without having to make the clouds too dense to keep render times low.
i somehow can't get pleasing results, so i used two cloud layers with same density shader, heigth and depth to make them look more interesting, but that pushed the render time a bit, took 14 hours. maybe i should give higher edge sharpness a try  ???

oh, and who can find all four faces?  ;)

( hint: i call them the frightened girl, the monkey, the scream and the thinker  ;D )
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

I found the monkey and the screamer.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

Great image.
But what do you mean about the four faces ???
Are there some faces in the texture or something? or am I an idiot?
I dount se anything :-\
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

AK84711

got scream (which is the coolest one i think), monkey, thinker, but no frightened girl...hmmm. nice image btw!

rcallicotte

Yep.  Very cool image, too.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RealUser

Very cool. The mountain needs some more contrast imho. I have found the screamer and the monkey. No idea where the others are. You should show an solving image later here. :-)
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

dhavalmistry

I can find any  ??? :(

are they in terrain or are they in texture?
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

child@play

well, both kinda :D

when you found the monkey, the girl is not far, same with scream, he's close to thinker. best part about them is, they appeared by pure accident, combination of terrain-bumps and texturing.

i'll post a solving-image monday i think. and realuser, what do you mean, more contrast? could have to do with my light-setup, used 3 suns here, and i didn't push quality that high.
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

RealUser

With more contrast i mean, that the basic color of the mountain could be a bit darker, so the textures come out better. But that is a matter of personal taste. The overall contrast of the image is OK.
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

child@play

ah, i see what you mean :) well, the mountain is textured dark grey to light grey with powerfractal, and a fake stones layer is used as snow. maybe the light grey is a tad too light ;)

edit: and another hint for the last day: monkey danced on girlies lips, who turned her face away from the sun, frightened; thinker must have discovered a painful truth, a scream came out his forehad

dhavalmistry

hey child at play....can you please please please make a node clip of your clouds or give settings please.....I really need help in making those kinda clouds.....please

I also see the horse standing on his 2 rear legs but I can only see front legs and head and lil bit of body....it is on the right side of the peak just before the slope starts climbing upwards

child@play

there you go :)

dhavalmistry

The Geostation

During Easter I had a quick go at trying to plug facial pictures into heightfields and adding them to mountains (a la Mount Rushmore).   However this is proving to be very difficult to orientate on sloped surfaces.   May be possible though by fudging it and taking an angular photo of the face...

Just had a brainwave, may be able to do something with the displacement shader.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

child@play

nice idea, mount rushmore is quite impressive :)

here's the solving-img, but might hurt your eyes, i really can't paint with a mouse  ;D