General purpose camouflage-style ground surface

Started by FrankB, August 29, 2011, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

I've created this simple yet useful terrain surface, which is great mid and long range and for covering this with vegetation. It produces forest floor style camouflage colors and some roughness.
As I said, it's simple but it works quite well under vegetation (and even pure in the distance).

Hope you find it useful,
Frank

AP

This looks good. It will be useful for semi-arid and tundra climates for a terrain base. Thank you sir.

FrankB

Glad you like it! It's just two surface shaders, but I think it looks like a lot more.

inkydigit

nice one Frank, reminds me of old classic tg surfaces (srf)

choronr

Thank you Frank. I know I'll be able to use this file. So many times this would have come in very handy.

bobbystahr

Beautiful...a very handy base texture as a starting point...many thanks Frank .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

AstroStudio

Here's a basic question from someone who does not have a strong knowledge of node networks:  How does one tie this shader in between Terrain and Object Planet to make it work like the example shown?

bobbystahr

Quote from: AstroStudio on November 03, 2011, 11:05:59 PM
Here's a basic question from someone who does not have a strong knowledge of node networks:  How does one tie this shader in between Terrain and Object Planet to make it work like the example shown?
check the grab
when I have a terrain generated or loaded I go t the Shader Tab and click on Shaders in the network screen to bring it to focus and then I insert Clip File and it will be in focus as well. You can move it into position as you see there from the default layout as the clip file moves as one if you grab it's top bar.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AstroStudio

Thanks, bobby.   Got it working perfect now.   8)

bobbystahr

Quote from: AstroStudio on November 03, 2011, 11:59:40 PM
Thanks, bobby.   Got it working perfect now.   8)
My distinct pleasure .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New