Can i.. with painted shader

Started by Oona, October 03, 2011, 03:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmahbee

yes neither Vue or terragen work...both won't import the model properly...I've tried every export method that Lightwave has to offer and nothing seems to work plus I've opened the model and exported from PoseRay and still it's not working...I'm sure it's just 1 setting or something I'm not doing...once again thanx for your help...it's invaluable

Oshyan

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas, but it seems to be more of a Lightwave issue than a Terragen one. Perhaps the Lightwave community would know how to solve it?

- Oshyan

Dune

Did you weld the poly's and recalculate (smooth) normals in Poseray?

jimmahbee

trying to figure out how to do that...is it  a simple step or complex?

Dune

Easy. You can choose the parts that need smoothing of normals by unchecking ones that don't in the left row of parts. If you want it all smoothed pick a degree (180 degrees is all extremely smooth, which you get by clicking smooth) or type in your own. First click weld, the recalculate... easy.

jimmahbee

I really appreciate your help... unfortunately it didn't work...Vue likes MAYA models so maybe I can get my stuff into MAYA and export it ...we'll see thanx again..Jim

jimmahbee

Once again thanx for all ur help...I found a way to make terrains work in Lightwave...I had to go into Vue and export a terrain @ 4096x4096 that took care of all the anti aliasing problems...now to get the texturing to work as well...you really answered my questions quick though...Jim

Matt

jimmahbee,

The problem is in the shadows, not the normals. You will need to subdivide your model further in Lightwave to produce a smoother surface.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

jimmahbee

oh ok cool thanx! I'll try that!

jimmahbee

Wow it actually worked! I didn't even take it into PoseRay yet! I tripled it in Lightwave and then subdivided it using the smooth setting! I'll try subd ing it again and then take it into PoseRay to see what it does...THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

P.S. I added a reflection shader...awesome...!