Possible Feature Request?

Started by elipsis1, March 13, 2012, 03:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elipsis1

Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think...

It would be cool to be able to "jump to" other planets and use the interface buttons to edit and make another whole world, then be able to go between the two.

View one planet from the other, and vise versa.

(you can't do this now can you? My thought was you could have a "editing planet 1" or "now editing planet 2" and use all of the controls in the interface at the top to do so)

I know that this may be horrible as far as render times go, but perhaps since one planet would be far away it could be abstracted in some way to not have the full render weight?

Anyway, I'm not sure of the logistics, but I like the concept :)

I cannot thank Planetside enough for making Terragen2.  This software is like a dream come true for me, being able to create these worlds is surreal!

;) :D :)

dandelO

If you create a new camera and render node, you can set that to be on the secondary planet.  To flip between views, visit the 'renderers' tab in the main program window, select the new render node with a left-click and then choose 'current render camera' with the button below the 3D preview window.

elipsis1

dandelO, I am trying to figure this out.  I can obviously setup a new camera, and I believe the "render nodes" are what are in the renders window tree.

Do I actually have to "fly out" to the planet and position the camera? Or is there a drop down that lets you assign it to the second planet?

Thanks, sorry, it has been a while on this post...

dandelO

There's no drop-down to select a planet for each camera. You could copy the coordinates from the surface of the 2nd planet from the 3D preview and paste them into the 2nd camera's translate fields. A little adjustment will probably be needed once you're viewing through camera 2 as it'll likely be looking through a wall or beneath the surface entirely.

Yes, render nodes are the orange/peach coloured nodes in the network view. But those aren't what to click to select the 3d viewing camera. You need to click on the tabs at the top of the main program window; objects, terrain, water, atmosphere, lighting, cameras, renderers, node network. Once you're on the renderers tab, you'll see a list on the top-left of each render node. Click on one of those and then immediately click the 'current render camera' button below the 3D preview. The view in the preview window will automatically change to the new camera's pov. :)