Missing .dll

Started by RichTwo, June 13, 2011, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

I am a little late in getting to the latest TG2 version 2.3.20.1, but finally got around to it.  I show to have successfully installed the program, but it will not start due to a missing component: MSVCP100.dll.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have gotten the same result.  I have even deleted and re-downloaded the .exe and the same thing happens.

Is there any way to get this to completely install with all the components? Or can I get a copy of the .dll and simply insert it in the folder where TG2 is located?

My old version of TG2 (located in another folder) I think has its version this component: MSVCR71.dll.

Thanks for the help!
They're all wasted!

Tangled-Universe

I think the .dll is not inside the TG2 installation at all. It's a Windows component for Visual C++, the programming language TG2 is written in suppose.

Try to install the package from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84&displaylang=en

Did that help?

RichTwo

T-U: you are a genius, or I'm obviously an idiot...

That did it and many thanks!
They're all wasted!

Tangled-Universe

Well none of both is true :) You'd better say thanks to Google ;D
I'm glad it helped!

Oshyan

I am guessing it's due to a switch to a newer version of the Microsoft C compiler on our end. Strange that this occurred though, we have not had any other reports of such problems. Perhaps most people already have the DLL, but I would have thought our installer includes it. You might try installing as Administrator if you had not already, though I know the problem is now solved in another way. Thanks Martin. :)

- Oshyan

tumasch

I wanted to update from TG2.1 to TG2.3 so I downloaded and installed the newest version. After some trouble installing (due to my somewhat picky system) I tried to start up the program and faced the same problem as above. But the installation of the package T-U mentioned did not do the trick: my system grouched something about not being able to find MSVCP100.dll and about reinstalling blah blah. I also tried the x64 version of the package for my 64bit-system...

Any ideas?
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

Oshyan

What operating system and version are you running?

- Oshyan

tumasch

I'm running Vista (don't laugh) Home Premium 64bit, SP2, AMD PhenomII X4 920, 8 GB RAM
Probably more information than you need...?
I'm still hoping you know what to do :)
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

Oshyan

I have to say I am somewhat at a loss. Perhaps try installing as administrator (either Terragen, the Visual C Distributable pack, or both). Can you elaborate on your "somewhat picky system"? Maybe that's related.

- Oshyan