Prehistoric Forest

Started by aogano, October 08, 2011, 06:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aogano

I'm looking for a picture I can use for advertising and I don't know if this is the correct place to ask! It's of a prehistoric forest. Can anyone help?
Many thanks

rcallicotte

Many artists work here to create all kinds of art.  Maybe you could ask someone if they would do the work for a little money.  Just an idea...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

When you say prehistoric, which epoch did you mean? Roughly how many millions of years plus or minus fifty (50) million years did you have in mind? bearing in mind that the first known trees in the fossil record lived in the Mississippian Era (360 - 325 million years ago), Flowering Plants are not seen in the fossil record until C.130 Million Years Ago (Jurassic 203-135 million years ago ) with the first grasses appearing in the Oligocene Epoch (Epoch of the Early Tertiary Period 33.7-23.8 million years ago)?

Bearing in mind that depending on the time period you are after and the accuracy you are after will depend greatly on the the plant spices that would go into any image done for you, indeed plant models would probably be need to be researched and made for such an under taking, and would take considerable time to do so, if indeed you could find out what types are known in the fossil record, and form what I understand is not much.

The number of grasses known in the fossil record is considerably smaller than the flowering plants, by how much I can not say, but probably not large enough to reconstruct the environment in which they grow research into other areas would be required for that, and would take considerably longer.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel             

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

ajcgi

If you look for photos of Tenerife you should find plenty of the inland woodlands. Many species on Tenerife have barely changed in millions of years. There are giant dandelions, huge heather and all sorts.

DannyG

X-Frogs has a Prehistoric Plant pack that may give you some ideas
http://xfrog.com/product/X-22.html
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram