Technical Question

Started by j meyer, October 14, 2011, 10:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Thanks jaf,the tip to take some close ups is a good one.Usually i draw a little sketch,
but the idea to use a digital camera is better.I'm too old fashioned sometimes.
As for the second paragraph,that seems to be good advice and as i've mentioned above
heard/read about that earlier.So,as long as i don't have learned more about this technical
stuff i keep my fingers away from the inside of computers,i guess.

freelancah

Swapping a hard drive is easy. You cant get the wires wrong because they only go one way... Also if you feel like you need tutorial videos, such things do exist and youtube is probably full of em.
Anyway ... a question. How old are your machines? I'm wondering because there is a possibility that the types of hard drives they have are different. One SATA and one IDE.. Ofcourse that is easy to check just by opening up the case.

j meyer

That's a question i was pondering on myself and indeed one is IDE and the other SATA.
This and some other stuff got me to give in and i downloaded a free viruscanner let it
update (was a matter of seconds btw) and then ran the scan offline.According to that
anything is fine. :)
The willingness to help each other is one of the things i really like about this community.
Cheers,J.