3D Coat 3.7 - Great Sale on Excellent Product

Started by rcallicotte, December 21, 2011, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Last version before 4.0.  This is an amazing software and a sale is on until the 31st of this month.

http://3d-coat.com/3d-coat-37/
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux

I tried the latest version on 3D Coat which works on Linux. I've not upgraded my version yet but the newer one seems to have improved on some tools that are now multithreaded which weren't before.

I think this app was damaged because the developer has strong christian beliefs that he even put in the license. This is why they are called Pilgway. There were some heated debates but it's a great app and these issues shouldn't be central. Unfortunately, how you hype an app has a lot of effect.

freelancah

Been using it since the first 3.0 release. These days all my models have textures made with 3D-Coat. The retopo tool is something I've also been using when optimizing stuff for realtime stuff. I'm always surprised by the autoretopo tool, it seems to do remarkably good job with just simpel guidlines for edgeloops. The polycount is always in the required range

So far I haven't been using the voxel room too much, just for characters and creatures, not too much I suppose. Not the worlds best sculpter either ;)

rcallicotte

@efflux - His faith is at least sincere in appearance, which I'm glad about.  I've seen too much of the other stuff.  Anyway, I hope he does well - cool product.

TheBadger

I support faith centered work, but I rarely find any that holds up. Consider so called christian popular music, its not very good, and hardly makes me think of Christ. But I guess they make a lot of money producing it.
Software looks good though but its over my head.
It has been eaten.

freelancah

rcallicotte

A few tutorials and you might like it.  Depends on what you want to do, really.

Quote from: TheBadger on December 29, 2011, 03:03:52 AM
I support faith centered work, but I rarely find any that holds up. Consider so called christian popular music, its not very good, and hardly makes me think of Christ. But I guess they make a lot of money producing it.
Software looks good though but its over my head.

TheBadger

Quote from: calico on December 29, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
A few tutorials and you might like it.  Depends on what you want to do, really.

I'll try it Calico, its not often that someone implies that a 3D package will be easy for me to use.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

@TheBadger - http://3d-coat.com/tutorial/free-tutorial/quick-start/

See how this goes; then you'll know.  Not every software is for everyone.