WIP: Burning Planet

Started by nvseal, April 14, 2007, 08:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

A little piece I've been working on for a couple of days. It's a taken a lot of tweaking to even get this far but, even though it's going in the right direction, it's still nit quiet where I want it. For one thing I want lava to have a more "liquidy" type feel to it and I want the clouds to be wispy and smoke like instead of being so thick. So any comments or critics? I'm thinking about putting this one in the designpaths contest when it get's done.  :P

BTW, this render was done at detail setting 0.5 with GI set to 2. Atmosphere and cloud settings where also below their respective 0.5 quality settings. This was only a test to check if things where working well together.

dhavalmistry

I see you are going for the look of "crematoria" from chronicles of riddick....

nice...more inspiration for me....

very nice going....mind sharing tgd???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

mrwho

or the lava planet from Revenge of teh Sith

yeah, share the TGD please ;)

nvseal

Yes, Mustafar was actuall what I was basing this image off of. Still got a ways to go. I will post the tgd but not yet. I want to get some more work done on this one first.  :)

child@play

wow, what a beauty, the lava is impressive, and so are the clouds. great job man
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Oshyan

The luminous lava surfaces make the clouds look extremely cool. I'm not sure whether they clouds even need to be made less dense, although it does look a bit odd on the dark side that so much of the lava is visible, given how cloudy the lit side of the planet is. Also it seems like there ought to be an atmosphere given all the gasses that such volcanic activity would produce. Probably a fairly thick and polluated-looking atmosphere at that (yellowish?). Nice work so far though.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Very cool lighting and the clouds look perfect.  I love the glow look.  Great job.  How did you setup the lava look?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Okay, so here is the final shot and the tgd. I've added an atmosphere and done some other tweaks. Enjoy.  :)

Will

Neat, I love the way the clouds look. Its nice to see more poeple doing the entire moltian planet thing. Mine never really looked all that great but it seem to got it down here.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

thanx nvseal.....are you going to submit that in the planet contest?
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

rcallicotte

Wow, nvSeal, this is cool.  Thanks!

nvseal

Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 17, 2007, 10:18:53 AM

I'm thinking about doing that; but I was also considering using my "In orbit" render.

Will

yea, thats a nice one too. Either I think would present good compition.

regards,

Will

rcallicotte

nvseal, I like both, but especially like the one just above the surface.  That so looks like something in a movie.

Quote from: nvseal on April 17, 2007, 10:29:17 AM
Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 17, 2007, 10:18:53 AM

I'm thinking about doing that; but I was also considering using my "In orbit" render.