Abbey Ruins

Started by sonshine777, April 14, 2007, 08:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here is a render using the Abbey Ruins from http://www.rodluc.com/download.htm which was refferd to in the WIP: Blessed Kingdom thread.
Basically after re-associating the textures everything loaded fine. Up close there is some strecthing in the texture but not bad for a medium
distance shot. I added some ivy from the ivy generator program, some grass and clouds. this was basically a test to see if the two would work
together.

Enjoy!

dhavalmistry

ah man...I was working on this model.....anyway

good job...I like your grass (TG2 native or imported obj?) and ivy....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sonshine777

Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 14, 2007, 09:41:46 PM
ah man...I was working on this model.....anyway

good job...I like your grass (TG2 native or imported obj?) and ivy....

The grass is a .tgo that I made and you can download it from the Terranuts website here
http://www.terranuts.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=505 
There are two color layers so you can get some variation in the green. It is more like a field
grass and not a lawn grass.

Some of the other models from that site show great promise (with a little tender loving care as far as textures go)

king_tiger_666

great render... the ivy generator is fantastic:D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Oshyan

Very nice results! Were you using GI? The shadows seem quite dark. Other than that it's excellent.

- Oshyan

sonshine777

Quote from: Oshyan on April 16, 2007, 01:19:15 AM
Very nice results! Were you using GI? The shadows seem quite dark. Other than that it's excellent.

- Oshyan

No GI, I know that it probably the reason for the darkness in the shadows. The trade off in time of
render and unpredictable color results keeps me from using it. Perhaps I'll give it a try again. 

Buzzzzz

Quote from: sonshine777 on April 16, 2007, 07:14:13 AM

- Oshyan

No GI, I know that it probably the reason for the darkness in the shadows. The trade off in time of
render and unpredictable color results keeps me from using it. Perhaps I'll give it a try again. 

Very Nice work here!  Yeah the GI is a pain in the arse right now isn't it.  Have you tried Oshyan's "Fill Light Setup" clip file?  Works pretty good and if it's too bright lower the strength of the sources.

rcallicotte

I like the overall image - the clouds, field, vines, and object all look well placed and rendered.  The contrast is too high for what I like.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

Quote from: Buzzzzz on April 16, 2007, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: sonshine777 on April 16, 2007, 07:14:13 AM

- Oshyan

Very Nice work here!  Yeah the GI is a pain in the arse right now isn't it.  Have you tried Oshyan's "Fill Light Setup" clip file?  Works pretty good and if it's too bright lower the strength of the sources.

Forgot about that I'll give it a try tonight.