More Texture mapping stuff

Started by TheBadger, October 30, 2011, 09:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi,

Ok, I had a file to render to help make my question clear, but somethings not working with it. Anyway, my question is, I have a some what flat-ish terrain, through out the terrain are what look like drumlins. I like every thing about the image, but for one hill. I would like to use an image map to make the hill more or less go away. Can it be done, and how?
It has been eaten.

Dune

Use a painted shader or simple shape over that hill and add this to a displacement shader's function input. Set it to some minus figure and your hill will sink into the ground.

TheBadger

Hi Dune, thanks for getting back. Im sorry though, I dont know how to do the things you mentioned.
It has been eaten.

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on January 13, 2012, 03:00:48 AM
Hi,

Ok, I had a file to render to help make my question clear, but somethings not working with it. Anyway, my question is, I have a some what flat-ish terrain, through out the terrain are what look like drumlins. I like every thing about the image, but for one hill. I would like to use an image map to make the hill more or less go away. Can it be done, and how?

You could try a Paint Shader...Paint the hill in top view with a big enough brush to cover the whole thing, then load a Surface layer, disable Colour, and then load the Paint shader into the Displacement Tab's Displacement function field and set Displacement multiplier to a large-ish negative number -100 for example. That may be too much or not enough but the number to adjust is the multiplier.
That's what I'd try......
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

bobbystahr

I was at a gig and had just sat down and not typing quite fast enuff, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Hi Dune. Thanks for the file. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I wanted to make sure and acknowledge your help. I'll let you know if I can understand it.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

@dune. Thank you. I think i can use this.
It has been eaten.