TGD used in another commercial again.

Started by ndeewolfwood, December 06, 2011, 05:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndeewolfwood

I forgot to post this.
http://www.mathematic.tv/projects/renault-koleos-widely-civilized/
I've used terragen on this commercial last summer at Mathematic Studio.
Mostly for the shots where the camera move a lot.
Merkatz was made in maya and render with 3dlight.
Car was made in maya and render with Mental Ray.
Static shot are a mix of matte painting+3d elements from maya + HDRI environnement from Terragen.

Oshyan

Very nice! Great meerkats. ;) I'd love to see a shot breakdown to see what elements were TG. This is some of the most seamless work I've seen.

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

Excellent work. I would like to see the 'how to' of combining the various elements also.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

rcallicotte

Cool.  Thanks for sharing this.  It would be exceptional to see something on how this integrated Terragen, if you have time.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ndeewolfwood

hi guys thanks for the feedback.

It looks pretty hard  to me to make a real breakdown right now. It was this summer and i'm pretty sure that everything is compressed and archived at Mathematic. I don't work here right now but next time  i go i will make something for get back some data.

some various infos :

We exported Terragen mesh to .obj to give reference to animator.

For static shot.
Scene was render in maya mainly the foreground (up to 50 meter).
I was comped in After Effect or Flame with terragen static render, photo, matte painting et live stockshot).
We can say that static shot landscape are 15 % made with terragen.

For moving shot.
Camera was exported to Maya via .chan to Terragen.
Everything about the landscape was render in Terragen.(+z depth for comp)

Car is always render with Mental Ray.
Merkatz is always render with 3Dlight.

Fx : smoke, dust, etc : real flow, houdini.

About plants :
Some plants are coming from xFrog plants but many of them are custom one made in maya by in-house artists. (sometime just some simple sprites with a 2d warp sometime something lot more complexe in 3d)

I can't give you a complete breakdown right now.
But i hope that i will update this thread with High-resolution render, test render, free-HDRI,etc, .tgc, etc...

Dune

It doesn't seem to start running in opera  >:( Any idea why?

Hannes

Oshyan

Thanks for the details. An actual image-based shot breakdown would be great, but the description is very helpful to see how you did things. Once again let me say it is a great result, very well integrated. And a cute/clever concept too. :)

- Oshyan

ndeewolfwood

Thanks, i will share your good feedback to the team and mathematic studio staff.
For now, they did'nt put any comments about terragen in the video description on the website.Maybe we can fix this.

Oshyan, I don't want to be rude or impatient but do you have any infos about the pass system you were talking about few months ago. 

Sorry, since last summer i did'nt follow the forum, shame on me   :-[

rcallicotte

Thanks ndeewolfwood for what you did show us.  It's interesting to understand how someone who knows what he / she is doing does it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?