Almost (new test)

Started by TheBadger, November 07, 2011, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi,
With Dunes help I was trying to finish what you see here. But its looking pretty impossible to get my texture on the vertical. If anyone one knows a way I can pull this off I would love to hear it... I had been using bump maps but if there is a procedural way, perhaps by using  masks please post your thoughts. I would really love to finish this... I am also working on one where the walls are made of plants, thats going much better.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Set your compute terrain to smooth terrain and a small patch size, like 0.1. Takes longer to render, but you may be able to get it (more) right.

TheBadger

Hi Dune,
Thanks, you are right, it did make a noticeable quality improvement in my render. But Im not sure what it did or why it worked. Can you point me to an explanation of what happened? 
It has been eaten.

Dune

If you check 'smooth terrain', TG 'thinks' of the horizontals and verticals as if they were horizontals, that's what I figured.

Tangled-Universe

Smoothing is averaging the normals of adjacent faces for a vertex.

TheBadger

Thank you guys. Im really interested now to see how it will effect the shot once I get it working properly in the first place.
It has been eaten.