Swan lake

Started by Kevin F, November 05, 2011, 01:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Not posted much for a long time, but this one seems worthy.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Thanks go to:
Dune for the reeds
TerrAde for the swans
M Gebhart for the American Elm
Drew Costigan for the water lilies.
Xfrog for pines.

Jo Kariboo

Excellent! I very like this one.

Seth

Jonathan

A beautiful render Kevin - really looks fabulous. J
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Luc

Very nice light and composition

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Dune

I agree; it's a great render. Very subtle and photographic. The light line of reflection in front of the trees is working great.

Gooner

Superb. Such a peaceful image. I like the way you have added so much detail , even as far as the mountains in the distance.  ;)

ra

Very realistic, the only thing that is a bit sad about the result are the little fake stones in the front, the structure seems a bit strange to me.
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

Kevin F

Thanks for all the positive comments folks. I might continue this with maybe a ripple or two on the water as if fish are jumping for flies, and the water behind the swans should have a small wake, but I'm not sure how to make one!
@ ra: I don't agree! The small stones are ok it's the bigger ones that are strange.

otakar

Superb render. Vegetation is worked in there very naturally. Maybe you could revisit the water lily color (bit more variation?) and work in  a few dead/dry reeds to break up the green color. How about some more water birds? Ducks perhaps?

One of those renders that would make a great desktop wallpaper.

ra

Quote from: Kevin F on November 06, 2011, 12:29:40 PM
@ ra: I don't agree! The small stones are ok it's the bigger ones that are strange.

Yea, that's what I meant :)
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

Dune

Quotethe water behind the swans should have a small wake, but I'm not sure how to make one!
It may be a lot of work for a small wake, but if you project an image map of a circle (white, soft, circle on black small square) right behind the swan (from it's arse, so to speak at water level), very small angle of course, blended by a distance shader to refrain it from going into infinity, you could use that to push the water down there (displacement shader). If you use the same white narrow triangle to give the water some foam, you can speed the swan up considerably  :D

Tangled-Universe

I could make a wake for you in Realflow, using realwave, if you'd like.
I would only need the Swan object for it.

Kevin F

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2011, 02:50:12 AM
QuoteIf you use the same white narrow triangle to give the water some foam, you can speed the swan up considerably  :D

best laugh of the day so far ..thanks!
might give your method a go.