Started by Gannaingh, November 11, 2011, 11:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luc

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

TheBadger

Hey Darth,

Your render looks really crisp and the trees look photo real even if under exposed. What settings do you go with for your atmo, and haze settings? The image looks like a photo. Im not talking about rocks and trees so much as I am the air between the camera and the horizon.
I have asked questions like this before but haven't got a great answer yet, probably to many variables. Still if you can be specific it may help.
It has been eaten.

Gannaingh

Thanks guys! The trees are underexposed because the camera is very low to the horizon with really one a slight ambient occlusion enviro light filling in the shadows and a bumped up camera exposure.

@TheBadger: Sorry for not answering before.The atmosphere settings aren't tweaked too much from default. I've only slightly increased the haze glow amount and haze glow power while reducing the color saturation of the bluesky horizon color and bluesky density color. The atmosphere has 32 samples and I'm rendering at detail:.9 AA 8 ray trace objects/atmo: on GI:2/2. The render settings are probably overkill, but they guarantee a crisp, clean atmosphere. I hope that helps, if not just shoot me a PM.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Gannaingh

Here's the final version. It's pretty much the same as the previous one, just with more light getting into the darker areas of the image.

http://gannaingh32.deviantart.com/#/d4gc5ge

Dune

Perfect! Great render. Copied it to my favorites folder.

Seth

FrankB

Tangled-Universe

That's a pretty awesome image!
Funny in a way that one of the things I like most is the clouds :)

Markal

I really like this. I'm a space art and sci-fi fanatic...and a UFO or comet in the atmo would have been nice... :)
Still, very nice work!