cant save terrain files

Started by gilgada, November 22, 2011, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilgada

hi, im using terragen classic on windows 7 64bit. it works great but i cannot save terrain or export heightmap files. trying to save a .ter file comes up with 'cannot open output file'  ???

Oshyan

For the benefit of others who might be wondering (or who might also have this problem), I'm pasting my response to you from the support email:

We haven't seen an error like this and without more specific steps to reproduce it, we can't really troubleshoot it. We do have a number of users on Windows 7 so I don't think it's a fundamental bug in Terragen, rather it must be something unique in your configuration.

Perhaps it is a permissions issue. Do you normally run under a limited user account? You could try running Terragen as an administrator or even uninstalling and reinstalling as administrator. Also make sure you're writing to an area that you actually have access to under the current user account (for example you cannot save any files to the Terragen install directory by default under Windows 7).

If none of that helps, provide as many additional details as you can regarding error messages, specific save path, etc. and we'll see if we can help you resolve it.

- Oshyan

gilgada

I have an administrator's account and have even tried right clicking the exe and choosing run as adminsitrator. The path I am trying to save to is a separate partition of FAT32.
In the landscape box I click Save under Terrain - [NEW].

Wait, i just found the problem. saving to my standard user area seems to work :)

Oshyan

Glad you were able to figure out the problem. :)

- Oshyan