Skyriim - on 8800GT

Started by rcallicotte, November 21, 2011, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

Quote from: Matt on November 23, 2011, 04:05:43 PM
Quote from: njeneb on November 22, 2011, 08:17:35 AM
Time for new graphics card. Matt, please don't yell at me! The new computer is built and awesome! (Matt suggested I stop buying graphics card and spend my money on other hardware ;D)

Haha. Just as long as you're not buying top end graphics cards and running them with a P4 :)

LOL  This new machine needs a high end card. I have one picked out. It will also do real time lighting and raytracing and has a physics engine.

There are story lines in each 'city' which make for smaller quests. The large/main quest concerns the 'DragonBorn' and carries on with the Elder Scrolls world theme through it's various incarnations. (Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall...) There is enough content to play this game for a long time. I played Oblivion for years, never have found all the hidden areas. If you have played Bethesda games before, then you have an idea of the wide world they build. I think it's worth the money. You can always wait for a year or two for the price to drop. Oblivion is usually about $20.00 on Steam.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T