Faire rouler une roue.

Started by bla bla 2, February 23, 2012, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Bonjour, comment on fait pour faire rouler une roue, je l'ai créer mais je n'arrive pas a le faire rouler je peux que pencher la roue. ^^

Hello, how do you roll a wheel, I create but I do not have to roll that I can tilt the wheel.

Google translate sorry. ^^

Bastien**

jo

Hi Bastien,

I've never tried this but here's how I think you could do it:

Create your wheel model so that the origin is at the center of the wheel. When you animate the wheel you'll want it to rotate around its centre. In TG2 rotation happens around the origin of the object but you can't change the origin in TG2 so you will have to make sure the origin is in the right place before you import the model.

To turn the wheel you need to animate the rotation of the wheel object. I'm not actually sure about this but I think the axis of rotation will depend upon the direction you want to roll the wheel in. For example if you were moving it along the X axis you would rotate animate the rotation around the Z axis of the wheel.

I guess to animate the rotation you would need to decide how quickly you want the the wheel to turn. Lets say you wanted it to turn a full circle every 20 frames. You could set a key with rotation at 0, then 20 frames later set a key with the rotation at 360. Then for every 20 frames you would need to set a key with the value increased by 360 i.e. 720, 1080 etc. This is so that the wheel keeps rotating in the same direction. That's the easiest way, there is a way you could work it out so you only need to add another key at the end of animation.

Moving the wheel is pretty simple, just animate it in the direction you want it to go. You would want to match the movement speed to the rotation speed so it didn't look like the wheel was spinning too fast or too slowly.

The good news is within the near future the animation part of this will get quite a bit easier :-).

Regards,

Jo

Dune

But then you have one wheel spinning, not four. For that you'd have to put all wheels at 0/0/0 when you make the object (remember the distance you moved them), and move them in TG to where they should be under the car (by the same coordinates). Tricky, but it should be possible.

bla bla 2

D'accord en faite la roue est comme ça dans l'image à la base, elle est de travers et je trouve pas comment on fait pour que les carrés orange soit dans le même sens que la roue.

Agree in the wheel is made ​​like this in the image at the base, it is wrong and I find it how do you square that is orange in the same direction as the wheel.

-Bastien. (google translate sorry.)

dandelO

Can you export animation data in .chan file format from C4D, Bastien? You might look into that and animate the wheels in there and then use 'import .chan file', found at the bottom of the object loader.

bla bla 2

Non, je n'ai pas ce plugin .chan. sous cinema 4d. Mais j'ai pas trouvé pour ma version, j'ai la version R11.

No, I do not have this plugin. Chan. in cinema 4d. But I did not find for my version, I have version R11.

(google translate sorry)

Bastien**

dandelO

The links to Steadychan seem to be removed now, probably because it isn't compatible with R12+. Luckily, I have previously downloaded it in case I found I needed it at any point. It is apparently compatible up to R11.5...

bla bla 2

bla bla 2

pourquoi la roue à des trous ?

why the wheel holes ?

j meyer

Looks like there could be n-gons (polygons with more than 4 edges)
in that mesh,not sure,though.

Dune

You could import it in poseray and see what you can do there. Weld, recalculate normals, flip normals, delete orphan vertices, and whatever.