Caves

Started by rcallicotte, April 17, 2007, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Here is the first render of a set of shots from a cave I've built.

Not sure what that nasty stuff in the upper-right corner is, but must be related to the lighting (source light) nearby.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

if its the light source??...then how did you manage to get the rays????

less GI and more light! :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I found I had a cloud in there and now I'm trying to crank of the values for quality and cranking up the light rays.  I'll try to post something soon.

ProjectX

a cloud in a cave? interesting...

nvseal

At first glance I thought the image was an underwater scene of a creek bed with particles in the water creating the rays. My eyes started to bulge out of my head.  :o Anyway, looks nice, what quality settings do you have this one set to?

rcallicotte

GI is set to 1, .45 on the quality, 3 on the AA, clouds were set to somewhere around 60...but, I had forgotten about the clouds.  I have since removed the visible clouds and left the atmosphere (unchecked Enable Primary) and am working with different lighting.  But, maybe you've got something there - an underground water system or even just underwater.  Hmmm.    :)

DiscoBall

Oh that looks awesome! Well done! lol :P

The stones look very cool indeed ;)

rcallicotte

The top one is supposed to look more like a cave and the bottom one more like underwater.  Comments welcome.  I upped the settings a little.

dhavalmistry

this is coming real good....except those straight vertical displacements....

I like the first one...just need little more light in foreground and maybe a really small lake or some burning wood (like camp fire) to give it that real cave look.....

I like the stones in the second one....that blue light in background distracting..I try to look at the green light and my eye keeps going to the blue light.....

its coming real good....keep it up.....both of them are nice....keep it up!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

ozijon

Looks more under water put  fish in it

rcallicotte

Thanks for the comments.  I've been working on it more today and will post another to finish it off tomorrow.

rcallicotte

This will be my last image for caves for the meantime.  It's time to learn other things.

Oshyan

Wow, you came really far! This looks great - very much like an underground mine. :)

- Oshyan

monks

Hey I like these. A cave's a cave's a cave- and they all look like caves to me  :)

monks