WIP: Lake at the foot of Mt Rainer

Started by sonshine777, April 17, 2007, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here is a work in progress, of Rainer with a lake at it's feet. I am working on a spring flowers piece and am trying some different flowers in the valley below. I want to make it appear as though the floor is filled with lupine and other meadow type flowers. Getting them to show up from this distance is the challenge. Comments welcome

Edit: Here is an updated image  :)

dhavalmistry

you are doing a good job here.....I lov it...except the textures on the terrain....

do u have city population???

I like your water and trees...maybe a little color variation near the shore

the shore near middle right (between 2 trees) looks kinda fake (I know its WIP).....

the shadows are too dark....inscrease GI maybe

overall good job......:D
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sjefen

Realy a great scene. I love it.
Waiting for some updates ;D
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

If I took a ruler and cut about 1 1/2" from the bottom, it's absolutely awesome.  Good scenery, cool trees, nice texturing, beautiful mountain, and good lighting.  Beautiful overall. 

The up-close terrain needs some realism.  Maybe less is good here.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

The flowers look a little too big, especially in the bottom right and it looks like you have ojbjects extending into the water on the right side of the lake (but I could be wrong)  Looking good though.

sonshine777

Quote from: bigben on April 17, 2007, 11:44:23 PM
The flowers look a little too big, especially in the bottom right and it looks like you have ojbjects extending into the water on the right side of the lake (but I could be wrong)  Looking good though.

Yeah I'm trying to push the envelope as far as forcing the perspective goes. If I lower the camera down to see a good view of the flowers at true scale I loose the valley floor view. And yes the flowers are in the lake at the right end of it. All these little things show up after the render is 3/4 of the way finished. :) Like I said WIP.

RealUser

I think too that the flowers in the foreground are too big. But it is a good image. Maybe a little thicker atmo (more haze) and slightly more blue in the far distance. A trick i often use to emphasize the edge of the water/land is a thin dark line. That gives a more visible "shoreline".
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

sonshine777

Here is an update for the Rainer Image. I have given the water the appearance of transparency to show the shallow end of the lake as being less blue and more muddy.

I have created another image that is much more simple in which I will explain the process for making this fake transparent water. I will also post a .tgc for the water shader I created.

rcallicotte

This is a magnificent piece of work.  Keep working on the flowers, if you want it to look more realistic on that front.  Otherwise, in my lowly esteemed opinion, this is fantastic work.

RealUser

The muddy water effect works very well. One thing which came into my mind was, that you could make the flowers in the foreground slightly translucent. That should look great. Wonderfull scenery all in all!
Markus / RealUser

bigben

The lake is looking very good.  The effects are perhaps a little over the top, but it clearly demonstrates what you've done.

sonshine777

Here is the finished (or at least for now) version.

Enjoy! :)

rcallicotte

Fantastic.  Very realistic and full scene.  Something to take my time enjoying.  Thanks.

RealUser

This is very close to realism. The bigger tree in the foreground gives more depth. With better AA and more variation in the trees it could be perfect.
Markus / RealUser

madcowthomas

Home! Everyday I get to see Mt Rainer and it beauty never fades. Think a lot of it due to that my son is buried up on that mountain.

Hope you don't mind but like to have that picture for my website. Let me know if that is okay and what info like place near it so others know you did the work.

Your lack of foresight and planning does not constituted a emergency on my part.